A Basic Training Package Edition 2020
- an attempt for a definition and a short history of Human Genetics;
- Mendel’s rules, basics on mitosis, meiosis and mutations;
- an overview on clinical genetics including, pedigrees, modes of inheritance and genetic counseling;
- basics of cytogenetics, molecular cytogenetics and molecular genetics;
- pre- and postnatal genetic diagnostics with genomic disorders; and
- tumor genetics (including cancer and familial cancer syndromes).
- Also aspects of mutagenesis, teratology, gene therapy, population genetics and epigenetics are discussed.
Overall, this book is meant as a kind of ‘starter package’ for interested future human genetics specialists.